Constructive criticism and suggestions are warmly welcomed.
A. Youtube accounts
- Subrata Chowdhury, primarily vocal music from different gharanas.
- Datta Gumaste, who goes by dattaji and Sangeetveda1 (priceless taleem)
- Raju Asokan, Hindustani+Carnatic.
- sabtak1000 and SamPak, fantastic collections by Pakistani artistes.
- Kansen Sangeet’s and Kiran Bamane’s recordings of live performances
- Suresh Mulgaonkar, tabla and taal-education focused+ local artistes
- tripmonk0‘s archive of traditional dance and instrumental music videos
- Ulhas Kashalkar’s official channel
- A.Deb, A.Samal, B.Mankad, D.Sen, E.Pinto, N.Maitra, Q.Belal, RagaMela, Sgc ICM
- classical bug, excellent collection of tabla lectures and performances
B. Blogs, databases and online radio
- ITC-SRA’s database Raga Online
- SPIC MACAY’s event list and their blog
- Music in Motion and Dunya, both music visualization databases
- Oriental Traditional Music from LPs and casettes
- Flat, Black and Classical
- Raja Pundalik’s blog
- Rajan Parrikar’s archive and articles
- The British Library’s Sounds database
- Ocean of Ragas
- Meera music’s online radio channel
- Music India Online, online radio
- All India Radio’s classical music channel, Raagam
- Sangeethapriya, Carnatic + Hindustani performances (e.g. 1, 2, 3)
- Anthems for the Nation of Luobaniya
C. Documentaries and lectures
- Growing into Sarangi
- Bhinna Shadja, a documentary about Kishori Amonkar
- Clip of a documentary about Hirabai Barodekar
- Interviews with Mallikarjun Mansoor, Bhimsen Joshi and Gajananrao Joshi
- Dhondutai Kulkarni’s lecture demonstration
- Shruti Sadolikar’s demonstration of haveli sangeet’s transformation into khayal
- Taal saundarya of Kathak (parts 1 and 3 of this are great too)
- Suresh Talwalkar and Yogesh Samsi (a, b –> in English!) explaining how to accompany khayal.
- Shruti Sadolikar interviews Azizuddin Khan, grandson of Alladiya Khan.
- Achyut Karve’s short lectures (1, 2) on Ahmedjaan Thirakwa’s bayan technique
D. Youtube playlists
F. Artiste’s websites
- Gajananbuwa Joshi
- Ulhas Kashalkar
- Shahid Parvez Khan
- Shubha Mudgal
- Manjiri Alegaonkar
- Samarth Nagarkar
- Apoorva Gokhale and Pallavi Joshi
- Aditya Khandwe
- Priya Purushothaman
- Surakshya Deshpande
This is a work in progress and a list that began for myself and for my friends but that I’m now moving online in the hope that more will benefit from it. If anyone that I have linked to here would like a reference to them removed or modified, please let me know.